Guest post: 5 Facts About Keir’s Fall
Take it away Pippa!
5 Facts About Keir’s Fall by Pippa Jay
1. The original title was Lost Serenity, but after a major rework the ‘Lost’ became inaccurate and I couldn’t call it just ‘Serenity’ (not unless I wanted a lot of confused, possibly cross Browncoats after me).
2. Keir’s Fall began as part of the original draft for book one, but it soon became apparent it needed to be a separate story.
3. The original version also contained a secondary storyline following Quin’s granddaughter Kauri, but it was removed to cut down on excessive POVs. Kauri’s Tale will be another book in its own right…eventually…
4. The Nercaandi began life in a Doctor Who fanfic called Gamehouse that evolved into a story involving Quin and Darion, before becoming part of Keir’s Fall. Jakhani is relatively unchanged, but Tyra-Lee was called Sylvi and was the rather creepy assistant to a crotchety elderly woman called Madame Dione, a chess champion.
5. Tyra-Lee, like Queen T’rill of Metraxi in Keir, was based on my memories of Princess Ardala in Buck Rogers and Princess Aurora in Flash Gordon. Both vain, dangerous, twisted and powerful women who undergo varying degrees of redemption. However, there’s also a trace of Anne Rice’s Queen of the Night – Asha’s absolute refusal to believe she’s wrong, and that everyone will simple adore and worship her no matter what she does. ‘No’ simply isn’t in their vocabulary.
It’s been a year in paradise for Keir and Quin, but now the idyll is over. After Quin falls sick, they return to the hidden sanctuary of Lyagnius, and what she learns there will not only change their lives, but set them on a journey that could separate them forever.
When Keir falls victim to a ruthless Nercaandi Empress bent on conquering the galaxy with her cybernetic army, it will take all Quin’s diminishing powers and the help of her son to find him. But what waits for her aboard the tyrant’s ship will test her strength and the limits of their love, and put everything she cares about at risk. Including Keir.
With the galaxy itself about to fall, will she be able to save him?
Keir’s Fall, Book 2 of the Redemption series. is currently available at Amazon, Smashwords, Kobo, All Romance eBooks, B&N and coming soon to , iTunes, Google Play, and even a print edition as well. You can add this to your Goodreads shelf as well.
Book One – Keir – is available for just 99 cents/Euros/pence until the end of December 2015.
For more information on Keir and other stories by Pippa Jay, you can check out this interview with her, visit her Web page or sign up for her no-spam newsletter! You can also stalk Pippa on Twitter, Goodreads, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or Wattpad
About Pippa Jay:
After spending twelve years working as an Analytical Chemist in a Metals and Minerals laboratory, Pippa Jay is now a stay-at-home mum who writes scifi and the supernatural. Somewhere along the way a touch of romance crept into her work and refused to leave. In between torturing her plethora of characters, she spends the odd free moment playing guitar very badly, punishing herself with freestyle street dance, and studying the Dark Side of the Force. Although happily settled in the historical town of Colchester in the UK with her husband of 22 years and three little monsters, she continues to roam the rest of the Universe in her head.
Her works include YA and adult stories crossing a multitude of subgenres from scifi to the paranormal, often with romance, and she’s one of eight authors included in a science fiction romance anthology—Tales from the SFR Brigade. She’s also a double SFR Galaxy Award winner, been a finalist in the Heart of Denver RWA Aspen Gold Contest (3rd place), the 2015 EPIC eBook awards, the 2015 RWA LERA Rebecca (2nd place), and the GCC RWA Silken Sands Star Awards (2nd place)
Tags: 5 facts