The Adventures of The Everyday Fangirl welcomes author Pauline Baird Jones as a guest blogger to talk about Area 51 and how this relates to her story in the Pets In Space 2 anthology. Take it away Pauline!
Area 51 and Time Trap By Pauline Baird Jones
So, the guy who used to do my hair was also a pilot who has flown near Area 51 and he said he saw Area 51. He says that it’s there, right where the government said it isn’t. Though, in 2015 (according to wikipedia), after a FOIA request, someone admitted that it was there. But, according to the CIA, it’s not called Area 51. It’s Groom Lake and/or Homey Airpot (somewhat ironic that, don’t you think?). Except the CIA used Area 51 in a document dated back during the Vietnam War.
So, do we believe my hair dresser or the CIA?
I’m going with my hair dresser, because he saw it.
So here’s a few “facts” about Area 51:
- In addition to Area 51, it is sometimes referred to as ‘Dreamland’ or ‘Paradise’ Ranch.
- The air space above it is restricted.
- It’s located in southern Nevada (like Schroedinger’s Cat, it is there and not there, if you believe the CIA, which sorry, I don’t.)
- It’s purpose is not publicly known but based on historical evidence ‘Secret Stuff Happens There. All The Time’.
- The area around Area 51 is on the “Extraterrestrial Highway,” which is also a popular tourist destination.
- My Project Enterprise expedition launched from Area 51. Details are sketchy because the expedition is super highly classified and secret. Crew who returned from PE explorations usually end up working at Area 51. Sara (The Key: Project Enterprise 1) and Doc (Girl Gone Nova: Project Enterprise 2) are currently working there and might have sent something from there to Briggs for his birthday that kind of gets him in trouble.
Well, if Area 51 actually existed. Which, according to my hair dresser, it does. Then this could happen…
There was a note on top of the straw. At least they’d been smart enough not to send him an actual birthday card.
We found this in the Area 51 garage sale and immediately thought of you.
Donovan and Doc (and their significant others)
P.S. According to the files, this was collected on 2789645. Ring any bells?
Area 51 garage sale. Briggs chuckled. He should have known. Those two did know the way to make his engineer’s heart happy.
Except from Time Trap A Novella in the Project Enterprise Series
Hiding in time is not as easy as you’d think…
Madison lives by the rules of a time travel rebel – never tell anyone your real name, not if you want to remain alive. On the track of a traitor, Madison and her parrot partner, Sir Rupert, time travel into a trap. Their only way out sends them back in time and into the arms of a man that ignites a fire inside her.
USAF Master Sergeant Briggs is in trouble – not the kind he’d like to be, but still in trouble. He is bored out of his mind! Ordered to recuperate on a quiet bay away from the Garradian outpost, he’s ready to mutiny and go back to his beloved engines. When his friends send him a gift from Area 51, he figures it will relieve his boredom for an hour or so – until he turns it on and he gets his second present of the day.
Madison would love to get to know Briggs better, but it is just too dangerous. Unfortunately, she might not have much choice. With a Time Service Interdiction Force on their heels, can the three craft a plan that will save a base full of geniuses and technology and discover a happy-ever-after forged through time?
Appearing in….Embrace the Romance: Pets in Space 2!
The pets are back! Embrace the Romance: Pets in Space 2, featuring twelve of today’s leading Science Fiction Romance authors, brings you a dozen original stories written just for you! Join in the fun, from the Dragon Lords of Valdier to a trip aboard award-winning author, Veronica Scott’s Nebula Zephyr to journeying back to Luda where Grim is King, for stories that will take you out of this world! Join New York Times, USA TODAY, and Award-winning authors S.E. Smith, M.K. Eidem, Susan Grant, Michelle Howard, Cara Bristol, Veronica Scott, Pauline Baird Jones, Laurie A. Green, Sabine Priestley, Jessica E. Subject, Carol Van Natta, and Alexis Glynn Latner as they share stories and help out Hero-Dogs.org, a charity that supports our veterans!
10% of all preorders and the first month’s profits go to Hero-Dogs.org. Hero Dogs raises and trains service dogs and places them free of charge with US Veterans to improve quality of life and restore independence.
Available October 10, 2017 via:
- Universal Link for All Stores: books2read.com/u/3L9aYM
- Amazon Paperback https://www.amazon.com/Embrace-Romance-Pets-Space-2/dp/1942583575/
- Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073W5WQBH/
- Amazon CA https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B073W5WQBH/
- Amazon UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073W5WQBH/
- Amazon AU https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B073W5WQBH/
- Amazon FR https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B073W5WQBH/
- Amazon DE https://www.amazon.de/dp/B073W5WQBH/
- Amazon JP https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B073W5WQBH/
- iBooks http://bit.ly/EmbraceTheRomanceiBooks
- B&N https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/embrace-the-romance-se-smith/1126723852?
- Kobo https://www.kobo.com/au/en/ebook/embrace-the-romance-pets-in-space-2
- Google Play https://play.google.com/store/books/details/S_E_Smith_Embrace_the_Romance_Pets_in_Space_2?id=Jp8rDwAAQBAJ
- Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35658092-embrace-the-romance
- Instafreebie Sampler: https://www.instafreebie.com/free/EZz5p
Pauline Baird Jones never liked reality, so she writes books. She likes to wander among the genres, rampaging like Godzilla, because she does love peril mixed in her romance.
Did you get a new Kindle or other eReader for the holidays?
Do you like to read SciFi Romance?
Do you like a bargain?
Then check out the Scifi Romance Brigade Facebook page for year end ebook bargains, most for $0.99!
Below are a few examples of some of the bargains available…
Grand Master’s Pawn, Book 1 of the Grand Master’s Trilogy
And many, many more End of Year specials!