I love reading about all the different Fangirls that are honored and to be part of such a wonderful community. Therefore, I am honored to be named today’s Her Universe Fangirl of the Day!
Below is the post from the Her Universe Official Facebook fan page about this:
Meet the Fangirl of the Day: Patty! This Information Specialist loves reading sci-fi, fantasy and romance novels, playing Final Fantasy video games on the DS or PSP handhelds, playing Hidden Object Games on the iPad, watching sci-fi shows like Babylon 5, Star Trek: TNG and Star Wars: The Clone Wars, attending conventions and watching anime. Patty says, “I am a self-proclaimed Fangirl and geek and proud of it. I feel that everyone has the right to enjoy whatever genre they like regardless of their gender or age. Also, as an older fan, I have a vast wealth of how things are now vs how they were before.” She is an active member of several different fan communities and helps provide content for geek blogs and podcasts. She collects merchandise and proudly proclaims her fandom!
Again, I am so honored to be named The Fangirl of the Day and to part of such a wonderful community!
Great Way to dedicate an award acceptance!
In which case: Whoo-hoo!
(I wrote this up so that when the award was announced, if Redshirts won I would be able to press a button and have it post, because I am otherwise occupied at the American Library Association conference this weekend. If it doesn’t win, of course, then none of you will ever see this, and I will delete it at some point. I recognize this explanation is a little meta. But then, so is Redshirts.)
The other finalists for the award were Iain M. Banks’ The Hydrogen Sonata; Lois McMaster Boujold’s Captain Vorpatril’s Alliance; James S.A. Corey’s Caliban’s War and Kim Stanley Robinson’s 2312. This is a very fine field of finalists, any of whom would of course have been an excellent winner. I was thrilled to share a slate with all of them.
As I was unable to be at the Locus Award Weekend…
View original post 287 more words
A-Z Blogging Challenge Topic: Nominations for the Liebster Blogging Award
I wanted to congratulate author Rinelle Grey for her Liebster Blogging Award nomination. The purpose of the Liebster Blogging Award is to give new bloggers a chance to gain new followers and to give more information to the blogger that nominated them.
Rules of the Liebster Blogging Award
The nominees should do the following if they accept their nomination:
1) Thank the blogger that nominated you
2) Give 11 random facts about themselves
3) Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you for the award
4) Nominate up to 11 bloggers with around 200 followers and post links to their blogs
5) Ask 11 questions that those nominated can answer
6) Post about the award and nomination on your blog and Social Media sites
7) Inform the selected nominees of their nomination
And as part of her acceptance, I was one of the bloggers she nominated. Therefore, thank you Rinelle, I am honored to accept the nomination!
Here are 11 Random Facts about Me:
1) I saw Star Wars back in 1977 and thought the trash compactor scene was scary
2) Spent most of my childhood going back and forth to the local Children’s hospital
3) Have lived in the same house for over 15 years
4) Have been to Walt Disney World almost every year for the last 10 years
5) Have a vast Disney’s Beauty & The Beast collection
6) Have a cat that gets scared at every noise, especially when someone is at the front door
7) Have online friends in England & Australia
8) Watched Robotech at 6:30am back when it was first syndicated
9) Played Yu-Gi-Oh with my nephew, when he was younger
10) Have a replica of Anakin’s (also Luke’s) Lightsaber
11) Have contributed to other online sites and blogs with content for the last 10 years!
Here are the 11 questions to the nominees from Rinelle Grey:
1) What pets do you have?
2) What’s your favourite food?
3) Do you prefer sunrise or sunset?
I did not prefer one or the other until I saw the sun rising over an ocean. If that is the view, then I would prefer a sunrise.
4) If someone gave you $1000, what shop would you hit first?
5) Who is the most important person/people in you life?
All my family and friends are important to me!
6) What is your biggest personal achievement?
Having something that I had written appear in a printed publication.
7) Do you have a goal for this year? If so, what is it?
I have a goal of posting a blog article everyday until the end of the year.
8) What’s your favourite computer game?
My favorite game is Final Fantasy IV! I have played all versions of this game even the original on NES, when it was named Final Fantasy II.
9) What sort of camera do you use?
Sony Cybershot that I bought over 5 years ago
10) What’s your favourite YouTube video?
I do not watch content on YouTube much. Therefore, I do not have a favorite at this time.
11) If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
I would love to meet George Lucas just to tell him how much his works have influenced my life.
Now, here are the 11 questions for my nominees to answer:
1) How long have you been blogging (include any blogging contributions you may have done for someone else’s blog)?
2) What drew you to the topic or topics you blog about?
3) If you wanted to change something about the world, what would it be?
4) Who inspires you the most?
5) What is your favorite TV show from when you were younger?
6) Do you like anime? If so, which is your favorite?
7) Do you collect? If so, then what is your favorite piece from that collection?
8) What part of the world do you want to visit that you have not yet?
9) What is your favorite artist (can be music or other medium)?
10) What book genre do you like the most?
11) Can you cook or bake?
Finally, my nominees for the Liebster Blogging Award are (drum roll please):
1) Clement’s Game by Rachel Reddick and Michael Busch
2) Fangirl Next Door by TeresaD2
3) Fangirls of the Force by Lillian Skye
4) The Geek Next Door by Author Kiri Callaghan
5) California Historical Landmarks by JawaJames
6) Sarcasmia by Mia
7) Sci-Fi Romance Brigade by a group of Volunteers
8) Two Geek Girls Review Books by Helen and Hope
Congrats to all my Liebster Blogging Award nominees and enjoy your turn at accepting the nomination like I did!