I just realized that this blog has been in existence for one year!
I cannot believe that it has been one year and in that time I have completed over 175 separate posts. I want to thank my fellow bloggers and friends for continuing to encourage to continue posting. I also want to thank all of those that take the time to read this blog! I hope that my posts make your trip to this blog is worthwhile. If you have any suggestions for future posts, then, please do not hesitate to make them in the comments below!
PattyBones, the Everyday Fangirl
NOTE: Anniversary Image from: http://yogawisdomforeveryday.wordpress.com/2010/06/03/june-2nd-one-year-anniversary-of-blogging/
As you can see there are some awesome women in that Galaxy, Far, Far Away including Leia, Ventress and of course Ahsoka!
This fangirl is hoping that the next Star Wars films, TV, etc will feature many more of these women role models!
Again, Happy Galactic Women’s Day and remember the Force will be with you always!!!
Today is Valentines Day and the most popular romantic stories seem to be about star-crossed couples. These couples have relationships that are often thwarted by outside forces and usually, end tragically. Some of the star-crossed couples in fandom are:
1) Anakin & Padme from the Star Wars prequel trilogy
2) Obi-Wan & Satine from Star Wars The Clone Wars
3) The Doctor & Rose from the Doctor Who episode, Doomsday
4) Spike & Julia from the anime, Cowboy Bebop
5) Romeo & Juliette from the various iterations of Shakespeare’s play Romeo & Juliette
6) Jack & Rose from the movie, Titanic
7) Kenshin & Tomoe from Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal
Yesterday, I posted my 10 favorite romantic couples from Anime. Today, I am listing my 10 favorite couples from a wide variety of other fandoms.
1) Han & Leia from the original Star Wars trilogy
2) Westley & Buttercup from The Princess Bride
3) Rick & Kate from the hit ABC TV series, Castle
4) Darcy & Elizabeth from Pride & Prejudice
5) Cecil & Rosa from the RPG game Final Fantasy IV
6) Lee & Amanda from the 80′s TV show, Scarecrow & Mrs King
7) Andrew & Sydney from the movie, The American President
8) Roger & Eve from the classic Hitchcock Thriller, North By Northwest
9) Izark & Noriko from manga From Far Away
10) Richard & Bunny from the classic romantic comedy Desk Set
Since Valentine’s Day is only a couple of days away, I decided to share my 10 favorite romantic couples from Anime.
1) Kenshin & Karou from Rurouni Kenshin
2) Inuyasha & Kagome from Inuyasha
3) Rick & Lisa from Robotech: The Macross Saga
4) Darien & Serena from Sailor Moon
5) Sousuke & Kaname from Full Metal Panic!
6) William & Emma from Emma: A Victorian Romance
7) Kira & Lacus from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
8) Kyo & Tohru from Fruits Basket
9) Tamaki & Haruhi Ouran High School Host Club
10) Syaoran & Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle